#47 – reading list
October 13th, 2015
Innovative China: Alibaba’s rural strategy and its international implications
- “Alibaba Innovation,” in the book entitled Anaemic Europe: How to Achieve Dynamism and Mass Flourishing, published by Springer International Publishing Company, 2015
- “Alibaba Microfinancing Service Innovations and China’s Financial Sector Transformation and Democratization,” XXV Villa Mondragone International Economic Seminar, June, 2013, Rome, Italy.
- “Rapid Invention, Slow Industrialization, and the Absent Innovative Entrepreneur in Medieval China”, with William Baumol, Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society, Vol.157, No.1, March 2013.
- “Developments in Women-owned Business, 1997-2007,” 2011 Office of Advocacy, U.S. Small Business Administration, http://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/rs385tot_0.pdf.
- “Business Creation is Job Creation: Estimating Entrepreneurial Jobs,” the 2011 American Economic Association Annual Meeting, http://www.aeaweb.org/aea/2011conference/program/retrieve.php?pdfid=313.
- “Race/Ethnicity and Establishment Dynamics 2002-2006,” November 2010, Office of Advocacy, U.S. Small Business Administration, http://archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs369tot.pdf.
- “Gender and Establishment Dynamics, 2002-2006,” August 2010 Office of Advocacy, U.S. Small Business Administration, http://archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs368tot.pdf.
- “Preference for Exerting Entrepreneurial Effort: a Neoclassical Model and Computational Simulation,” presented at the 2010 Society for the Advancement of Behavioral Economics conference. Upcoming in Journal of Socio Economics.
- “Startup Business Characteristics and Dynamics: A Data Analysis of the Kauffman Firm Survey,” Office of Advocacy Working Paper, http://archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs350tot.pdf, August, 2009
- “Entrepreneurial Activities: A Microeconomic Analysis,” 2008 American Economic Association Annual Meetings in New Orleans, http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1158147 with Vincy Fon, Jan. 2008.
- “Minority Entrepreneurship in the USA,” in International Journal of Business and Globalisation, Inderscience Publishers, Volume 1, Number 2 / 2007, p.176-221, http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=245&year=2007&vol=1&issue=2,
- “Minority Business Development Index: A Data Report on American Minority-Owned Business,” Social Science Research network, May 7, 2007, http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=984907
- “An Introduction to the Session Chaired by Ying Lowrey,” in Professor William Baumol’s conference publication on Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and the Growth Mechanism of the Free-Market Economies, Princeton University Press. 2007, http://press.princeton.edu/titles/8439.html.
- “Women in Business: A Demographic Review of Women’s Business Ownership,” 2006 Office of Advocacy, U. S. Small Business Administration, http://archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs280tot.pdf.
- “An Examination of Entrepreneurial Effort,” 2006 American Economic Association Annual Meetings in Boston, http://www.aeaweb.org/annual_mtg_papers/2006/0107_1430_0302.pdf.
- “U.S. Sole Proprietorships: A Gender Comparison, 1985-2000,” U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy Working Paper, September 2005, http://archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs263tot.pdf.
- “Dynamics of Minority-Owned Employer Establishments, 1997-2001,” SBA Publication, January 2005. http://www.sba.gov/advo/research/rs251tot.pdf.
- “Business Density, Entrepreneurship and Economic Well-Being,” 2005 American Economic Association Meeting in Philadelphia, http://www.aeaweb.org/annual_mtg_papers/2005/0107_0800_0401.pdf.